Pages

.


.


Fried Apples

views the best pictures

Have you ever tried the Stouffer's Harvest Apples? Well they are AWESOME!!! I love them. However, they make them with wheat gluten so I can no longer consciously eat them. Sooooo, I set out to start making some of my own from home. My kids love this and what better way to get them to eat fruit! Trouble getting children to eat fruit? Crazy you say? Well I suppose I'm not the only one in the world but any chance I can serve something that makes them want to eat a fruit ALONE for a meal, thats a good deal.

2 1/4 cups Apple Juice
4 Large Jonathan Apples
1/4 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/4 Apple Juice
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 Allspice
4 Tablespoons Sugar

Peel apples, core and slice into about 1 inch slice. Half slices.
In a large skillet, combine the apple juice, lemon juice and sliced apples.
Heat on medium heat until apples just about tender (do not overcook - apples should be turned half way.
Combine 1/4 cup apple juice and corn starch. Mix well.
Add to pan along with remaining ingredients.
Cook and stir constantly until thickened.



This is where I started with my inspiration for this recipe. I changed it a bit to suit my needs based on the input of others. Sorry, I know some folks hate that. But I wanted to give credit where credit is due.



No comments:

Post a Comment