Pages

.


.


Gluten Free Breakfasts and Dinners

views the best pictures

I have been laying off the gluten lately. I had a few odd problems that I could not explain. I was discussing it with a friend who happens to be nurse and she suggested the elimination diet. It seemed to her that I was having some sort of food reaction.  I struck gold on the first try. I do not need a doctor to figure this one out. It was an instant fix. In a matter of a day all that ailed me was gone.  But for the record, I did see my doctor.  He confirmed what I had suspected.  Along with that I had various nutrient deficiencies.

Here is the thing though. I'm loosing weight too. Maybe I'm eating less? Maybe I'm eating more of the right sort of foods? Since it ends up being mostly protein and vegetables ~ maybe its the protein diet aspect? Maybe this wheat thing keeps you puffy and fluid retained unless you drink TONS of water? Or maybe it was my wheat and thyroid issues combined?  Maybe its this? I dont know, I'm not a doctor. All I know is that I've been loosing about a pound every 2 weeks since. Its AWESOME!!! I do not feel like I'm deprived at all either.

I'm starting to get allot of questions on how to follow this regimen from friends who need to. So I figured I'd post some of my breakfast and dinner ideas for you to feast on. I mean, all my posted meal plans are Gluten Free but a condensed list if you will. Plus I'll suggest Gluten Free brands as an added bonus.

Breakfasts:
Eggs & bacon, Chex cereal and milk, Yoplait yogurt and fruit, Nabisco cream of rice, corn meal or regular pancakes or waffles made with Pamelas baking mix with Johnsonville sausage (except Brown sugar and honey), corn meal mush (anson mills), grits (albers or arrowhead mills).
Dinners:
Honeysuckle White Turkey
Gravy (corn starch, meat fat, sweet sue broth, herb-ox boullion)
Steamed veggies
Fresh Mashed Potatoes

Oven Baked Chicken (sprinkled with McCormick garlic/onion powders, salt and pepper)
Macaroni and Cheese (tinkyada mac noodles or any store rice variety w/melted velveeta)
Zucchini

Fresh Roast Pork
Roasted Red Potatoes (tossed with parsley and butter)
Boiled Cabbage
Fresh baked Bread

Grilled Chicken breast with GF BBQ sauce (sweet Baby Rays)
Cole Slaw w/Mayo (McCormick Garlic/Onion powders, salt and Pepper, Mrs. Dash)
Cooked rice w/broccoli and velveeta

Roast Beef (McCormick garlic, salt, pepper, onion, herb-ox bouillon)
Roasted Potatoes/Carrots/Onion
Green Lettuce Salad
Fresh Bread

Stir Fry w/Fresh meat and veggies, egg, sesame oil.
Rice

Baked Fresh Fish (any kind you like, butter/onion/spices maybe)
Baked Potato (Velveeta, Oscar Mayer bacon or Hormel BBits, green onions, sour cream, butter)
Seamed broccoli

Beef Stew (made with broth, beef cubes, veggies and corn starch to thicken)
Corn Bread (Ener-G mix)
Salad

Hamburgers w/Cheese (I dont eat with roll but understand that Kinnikinnick has great products)
Lettuce/Tomato/Onion slices on side
Lays Chips

Taco Night (Old El Paso Hard Taco Shells)
Fresh ground meat with McCormick's Taco Seasoning Mix
Refried Beans (Old El Paso)
Salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, kraft cheese

Baked Pork Chop
Baked Potato Wedges (olive oil and spices)
Steamed Broccoli/Carrots/Cauliflour

Pasta (Gluten free) and Spaghetti Sauce (Del Monte w/o meat)
Home Made Meatballs
Kraft Parm Cheese
Green Salad
Fresh Bread (www.chebe.com)

Meatloaf (using Bob's Red Mill oat's pureed into a powder)
Idahoan Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

Home Made Pizza (Pamela's Baking Mix or Kinnikinnick frozen shells)
Topped with Fresh Mozzarella
Contadina Sauce (seasoned with McCormick Italian Seasons and a dash of sugar)

Pepper Steak (La Choy Soy, Honey, L&P Worcestershire, herb-ox boullion, Swansons organic beef broth, ginger, sesame oil and brown sugar)
Served over Rice


See.... ordinary every day foods. And for the most part, they are things you can easily find at your grocery store. It really is not that hard after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment