Pages

.


.


Strawberry Pie

views the best pictures

My favorite restaurant in town is closing.  The only restaurant that made me feel like I lived near civilization.  The restaurant that has THE BEST desserts in town.  Maybe in the south.  I immediately thought to myself, "I must find a way to make these great desserts myself".  I started my search with my favorite Southern Chef's web site.   We are Gluten Free so I tweaked it a bit.  I liked the idea of using jello as it resembles the type of pie this restaurant serves.  I have seen strawberry pies use pureed fresh strawberries to make a jam and I would like to try that eventually.  For now, though, I am going to follow my desire to find a duplicate of the pie from this restaurant.



1 bag of GF Mi-del Pecan Cookies (pureed in food processor)
3 to 4 Tablespoons melted Butter
   ***any cookie or pre-made cookie crust will work***

3/4 cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons Strawberry Gelatin Mix
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
1 cup Water
1 pint Fresh Strawberries (halved and quartered)


Combine cookie crumbs and butter.  Press all around pie plate to cover.
Bake in oven for 7 minutes.
Wash and hull strawberries.  Half and quarter (I like both) and add to pie crust.

  • Combine sugar, gelatin and cornstarch, mix.  Stir to combine.
  • Add water.  Combine well.  Add to saucepan and Cook until thick and clear, over medium heat.
  • Stir constantly.
  • Set aside to cool slightly.  Not too much or it will JELL on you and not cover strawberries underneath.  What Im looking for is for the jell to fill all the empty spaces around each strawberry without cooking them.
  • Pour strawberry jell over fresh strawberries.  Chill in fridge.

Other great Strawberry recipes:


No comments:

Post a Comment