Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of June 6th, 2011

views the best pictures


All the vegetables we needed this week week we went to out garden and picked fresh.  How cool is that?  We had Green Salad, Sauteed Cabbage, Cole Slaw, Steamed Broccoli and Mashed Turnips.  Our garden is not necessarily going to produce like this all summer like that but it was exciting.  Well, maybe we will get to harvest Yellow and Green Squash and tomatoes every day.  LOL.

I had some ground beef in the fridge from the Sweadish Meatballs dinner that I needed to use up so Saturday's Cheese Enchilada's turned into Hamburger Helper night.  Do we ever love that dish!!!  If you have not tried it yet, you really should.  Chicken Legs were $.59 cents a pound so thats what we had on Sunday.  All the other days went as planned.

This is our last Menu Plan Monday before we head out on our two week vacation.  Saturday is our first Camping meal.  My brother will be holding down the fort, feeding the pets and hopefully watering our vegetable garden.  I think What I will do is come back and post how we are surviving on the road with Celiac.

Monday:
L: Amy's Cheese Enchiladas
D: Roast Pork, Mac & Cheese -> I actually have some made up and ready in the freezer.

Tuesday:
L: Hotdogs, Baked Beans
D: Hard Shell Taco's, Cheese Enchiladas, Rice and Beans.

Wednesday:
L: Nacho's with Cheese
D: Chicken and Rice Casserole

Thursday:
L: Mini Pizza's
D: Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms and Broccoli, Cheese Batter Bread

Friday:
L: Chicken Nuggets
D: Pizza and Salad night.  My brother stumbled onto my blog and wanted to know why this pepperoni pizza never actually makes it to the table.  LOL.  Seems like I should pick up some Pepperoni and supplies to make a Hawaiian Pizza.

Saturday (camping):
L: Lunchmeat Roll-ups, Yogurt.  My travel lunch plan with celiac kids.  I am going to use corn tortilla's and use that for the sandwich bread.
D: Rosemary Chicken.  We will be camping when we actually cook this dish.  What I will do is marinade it ahead of time and put it in a ziplock bag ready to be cooked.

Sunday (camping):
L: Lunchmeat Roll-ups, Yogurt
D: Hobo Packets.  Another camp favorite.  I will tell my children that its like a camping hamburger and maybe then they will eat it without worry.  LOL.


Looking for Menu Plan Ideas, head on over to Org. Junkie's Menu Plan Monday for lots of great ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment