Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of April 2nd, 2012

views the best pictures

The Easter Edition

This year I have big plans for Easter.  My whole family will be here with the exception of one brother.  Add to that the complication of a Celiac child allergic to corn. Its extremely difficult for him to enjoy candy.  In my mind, kids should get to enjoy candy on Easter!!!!  I decided I will make him candy.  This sounds HUGE I know but I have actually made large chocolate candy shop quality Easter eggs before in my lifetime so I already have the moulds and such.  It is time consuming, however and time is one thing I have very little of.  Regardless, it will happen even if I have to stay up until midnights!!  I have planned out my week time wise just like I do with my menu's.  That hour long wait in the pickup line with the kids will read my World Lit book.  I will get up at 4 am each day to work on my English papers, etc, etc.  You get the idea.

Usually we eat brunch at church.  This year we switched churches and our new church actually cancelled Easter Brunch which makes me sad.  My mother recently relocated near me and I wanted her to experience what I had been enjoying in previous years. I wanted her to experience what made a big impression on my own experiences here in town.  Our old church would not have cared how many attended, they would have had that pot luck lunch anyway.  Sometimes I miss that old congregation and I absolutely loved the people but was not the church type I was raised in nor would my mother have gone for a big holiday since it was not of her faith.  So this year we have to do things differently.

This year I will have to craftily plan Easter brunch to be ready as soon as we are done church.



Brown Sugar Ham (roasting on very low while at Church)

Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes (in the Crock Pot)

Deviled Eggs (Make a day Ahead)

Fruit Salad (Make a day Ahead)

Cole Slaw (Make a day Ahead)

Icebox Lemon Pie (Make a day Ahead)

Coconut Cream Pie (Make a day Ahead)


Now that I have my easter plans out of the way, how about we plan the days leading up to Easter....

Monday: Spaghetti & Sausage

Tuesday: Herbed Roasted Sirloin, Baked Potatoes

Wednesday: Gluten Free Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni

Thursday: Herbed Roasted Chicken Breasts

Friday: Pizza, Salad and Garlic Bread



Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swapheadquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here


No comments:

Post a Comment