Pages

.


.


Easy Turkey Chili, a kid friendly recipe.

views the best pictures

I am keeping it simple with this recipe.  This is a new twist on the Chili I traditionally make.  The addition of tomato paste and limiting the variety of spices and heat makes this a very kid friendly recipe.  My kids ate it and had good comments afterward which is a big deal in this house.  My kids are VERY picky eaters but will eat anything with Turkey in it.  So with that in mind and with help of my friend's Alison's recipe for Chipotle Turkey Chili I took my Christmas Leftovers and made it into a repurposed leftover.  You can use all leftover turkey (3 cups diced) instead of the ground meat.  Next time you find those Turkey Cutlets on sale at the supermarket you may want to give this a try.



1 pound of Ground Turkey
2 cups diced turkey meat, diced pre-cooked or leftover

1 large Onion, diced
1 jar of roasted Red Pepper strips, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon Garlic, minced

1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper

2 cans Chili Beans
14.5 ounce Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 6-ounce can Tomato Paste
1 cup Water

Toppping: Sour Cream

Brown ground meat in a hot skillet until no longer pink.
Add browned ground meat and remaining ingredients into a crock pot.
Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment