Pages

.


.


Japanese Steak House Yum-Yum Sauce or Shrimp Sauce

views the best pictures

Going to the Japanese Steak House and sitting at the Hibachi grill is my all time favorite thing to do.  I am love with the rice there.  Lets face it though, it is not frugal nor is it always reasonable considering I have to drive an hour to get there.  I had to figure out this mystery.  Like all mysteries I want to figure out, I started with an internet search.  While there are lots of recipes out there dedicated to this type of sauce, I found a blog that is noteworthy.  This blog is dedicated entirely to the recipe of this very special sauce and has a pretty convincing story of its accuracy.  The Mayo and the slight touch of tomato I figured out at the restaurant.  The rest I came up with using my usual mad scientist methods.

I get why this is called Yum-Yum sauce, but why is it called Shrimp Sauce?  Is it because there is shrimp in there?  No.  Well is it because it is shrimp colored?  Not sure.  But I am sure of this.  It taste's AWESOME on Shrimp.  Maybe THAT is why they call it Shrimp Sauce. :-)



1 1/4 Cup Hellman's Mayo
1/4 cup Water
1 Tablespoon Contadina Tomato Paste (unseasoned)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Paprika
pinch of Cayenne

  • In a blender add Mayo, Water, Paste, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Paprika and cayenne if desired.  
  • Blend until all incorporated.  
  • Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or more to allow the flavor to set up.
  • Use with your Japanese Fried Rice or Seafood dish.  We love it with fish sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment