Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of August 22st, 2011

views the best pictures


Last weeks packed lunches went ok.  That's it, just OK. Turns out the two microwaves at my kids school typically has a very long line of kids waiting to heat up a lunch.  Add in two microwave Macaroni and Cheese cups (the gluten kind) and you are in for a very long wait.  They only really have a total of 20 minutes to heat and eat so a 10 minute microwave line is a problem.  I decided that since my kids will be gluten free forever (can't cure Celiac) and the best options for gluten free lunches are the microwaveable kind.......I have decided that I will DONATE a 3rd microwave to the lunch room. I believe that I will get my monies worth out of that donation over the next 12 years.  This donation of a 3rd microwave to the lunch room will make that long line go quicker.  I already spoke to the Chief Lunch Lady and she is A-OK with my donation.

My son did not like the pizza bagel last week.  I used spaghetti sauce and whenever I do that, he says that don't like the pizza (even if he does not know how I made it).  My daughter, however, told me she LOVED it!!!  This week I picked up some Udi's Pizza crust and cut out some circles to make lunchable pizza crusts.  We'll see how that goes.  My kids favorite lunches so far are Corn dogs, pizza, chicken nuggets and nacho chips and cheese.

I start back to school today.  Monday and Wednesday's I will only get home in time to get the children. I plan to try and serve easy dinners these days.  I also used my Friday off last week to start with my Friday Baking Day.  I made Whole Grain Flat Bread, a loaf of regular sandwich bread, Pizza Crusts and breaded my chicken fingers. Now I am all ready for my week ahead and won't feel stressed about dinners.

Monday:

Tuesday:
Breaded Chicken FIngers, Wild Rice, Broccoli

Wednesday:
Hotdogs, Baked Beans, Jiffy Corn Muffins

Thursday:
Taco Dinner on Soft Corn Tortillas, Rice and Beans

Monday:
Taco Pizza Night

Saturday:
WWE at the FedEx Forum for the boys, girls will have dinner and a moive

Sunday:
Spaghetti Dinner

I will be linking this to Orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday.  A wonderful (and free) resource for menu planning ideas.  

CeliacFamily is hosting the Gluten Free Menu Swap this week so be sure to go over there and visit her.

No comments:

Post a Comment