Pages

.


.


Quick and Easy Gluten Free Coconut Cake

views the best pictures

One Cake Mix, Endless Possibilities

Today I am adding another recipe to my Cake Mix Recipe Collection. I am using the same pre-packaged gluten free yellow cake mix that I use in all my cake mix recipes.  If you recall from previous posts, this is the only cake mix I can purchase locally.  It is simply amazing that one little box of cake mix can create this heavenly coconut infused masterpiece.

When I originally made this cake I poured most of the batter into a 9" square dish for a Church Pot Luck.  The recipe is enough batter for a 9 x 13 pan but I needed to make sure it turned out good enough for non gluten free eaters.  For some reason I always bring an un-tried gluten free dish to these pot lucks ~ lol.  I don't know why I do this but I needed to try the cake out first.  Besides, its just cruel to make an awesome cake and not let anybody in the house eat any. SO......I used the remaining batter in a small 8" round cake pan for our family to try out as dessert.  Once the whole "trial" cake disappeared in an ugly display of sugar induced greed, my family then declared that the second one CAN NOT go to church the next morning.  I giggled with delight, but they meant it!  It was that good.  So. Incredibly. Good.  One taste leaves you addicted.


Eating this cake is an absolute delight and you will most definitely need to make it again!


1 box Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 box Coconut Cream flavored Jell-O instant pudding mix
3/4's cup Canned Coconut Milk (mix well before measuring)
4 Eggs
1/2 cup Oil (or melted butter)
1/2 teaspoon Coconut Extract
1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk (or Coconut Milk)
Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
I small bag of Sweetened Flaked Coconut


Pre-heat oven to 350°.
Spray bottom of a 13x9-inch pan.
  • In large bowl, beat cake mix, jello, 3/4 cup coconut milk, eggs, oil and coconut extract, scraping bowl occasionally.
  • Pour batter into 9 x 13 pan.
  • Bake for 40 minutes, checking with toothpick every 2 minutes after 35 minutes. When toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven. Cool 5 minutes.
  • With long-tined fork or a skewer, poke top of hot cake every 1/2 inch.
  • In medium bowl whisk can of condensed milk and whats left in the can of cream of coconut with whisk until blended.
  • Microwave on High about 1 minute 30 seconds or until heated.
  • Carefully pour mixture over top of warm cake.
  • Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or until chilled.
  • Take out chilled cake and top with Whipped Topping and flaked coconut.

Other great Coconut Cake Recipes on the web:

No comments:

Post a Comment