Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of August 29th, 2011

views the best pictures


I ran into some awesome deals at the grocery store this past shopping day.  Ground meat was 1.69 a pound, chicken was $.88 cents a pound, Ham butt was 1.29 a pound.  I purchased and prepared a months worth (woven in between the fabrics of time that I was studying). I really should have gotten and pressed more hamburgers.  Oh well.  This week Ground meat, chicken and ham are the theme.

Monday:
Ham Steaks, macaroni and cheese, baked beans.  I am slicing off the larger half of ham from the bone and then slicing it into steak portions.  

Tuesday:
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli

Wednesday:
Fried Chicken Thighs, potato salad.

Thursday:
Navy Bean and Ham soup, Cheese Rolls (a new recipe/method), home made cookies. I should be in a good place at this point with my studies and should be able to get this all done.  I'm using the remaining half of the ham and bone for this soup and tossing it all in the crock pot.

Friday:
Pizza, Salad and a Movie! The pizza crust here is good, my wheat eaters actually prefer it to the wheat kind.  I have started to replace the almond meal with flax and that works out nicely and I think actually gives it an extra crunch.  The real secret to these pizza's I make is the Pizza Sauce.  If you have not tried it yet, you really should!!!

Saturday:
TBD

Sunday:
TBD

Monday is actually Labor Day and we are all off in this household.  As I mentioned above, I have a few dinners made up in the fridge, such as: Home Made Hamburger Helper, Taco Meat, Chicken thighs, and cheese enchiladas.

I will be linking this to Orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday.  A wonderful (and free) resource for menu planning ideas.  



No comments:

Post a Comment