Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of September 19th, 2011

views the best pictures


In an effort to assist my gluten free friends meal plan their own dinners more effectively, I will start adding the gluten free brands I use to the recipes I am linking too.  Sometimes I take for granted information I may know already.  I am literally walking into my small town food markets (Kroger, Walmart, and our small local Whole Foods Market) and purchasing the ingredients I need for the recipes I am presenting.  I am not making gourmet dinners here.  Just simple family style foods that my whole family will eat, kids included.  Take meatloaf for instance.  It is definitely a simple family style dinner, however, everybody who walks in the house and smells Meatloaf for dinner is excited.  Those are the dinners I try and make.  

I am still working though the good Meat Department sales I secured two weeks ago.  I did manage to pick up some more excellent deals this past shopping day though.  I did not  need to purchase more, but the price was too good to pass up.  I think I'm good all the way though October now.  :-D

The highlight of my dinners last week was a toss up between the Meatloaf and the Fettucini Alfredo.  I did not use my own Alfredo recipe posted here.  I simply melted a stick of butter, added a cup of cream and a cup of parmesan cheese and tossed.  It is definitely my favorite meal.  It is so quick to whip up that version of the sauce as well.  What was your favorite meal last week?

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday
Kids eat at Church, Adults eat leftovers
Thursday:
Taco Night, Refried Beans, Mexican Rice

Friday
Taco Pizza, Cheese Pizza and a movie

Saturday:
Philly Cheese Steaks for Lunch 
(Udi's Hotdog Rolls, Walmart's Philly Cheese Steak Meat) 
Dinner: TBD

Sunday:
Hamburgers for Lunch, 
Spaghetti & Meatballs, Cheese Rolls for Dinner


I will be linking this up along with all the other great menu planning ideas over at OrgJunkies Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment