Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday, Week of September 5th, 2011

views the best pictures



Happy Labor Day, a day Early.  Doing my menu plan on Sunday is definitely a habit now.  My brain keeps telling me to take a break from studying to do my Menu Plan.  Our local Nature Market started to carry Udi's in the frozen section so my family recently tried the hamburger and hot dog buns.  My son does not like the hamburger buns and demands that I make my own.  My own recipe is more like Gluten Free Wonder Bread.  That fact may or may not suite the GF masses, I know some GF foodie bloggers are anti Wonder bread like GF bread recipes.....but it makes MY kids happy! :-)

The hamburger buns to me are a lovely option if you do not have time to bake your own.  They use Potato Flour in them and I think that is what throws us off.  I just don't like the taste of potato flour. All that said, these rolls are definitely the best you can purchase on the market so far if you ask me.  And I was super duper excited to have the hot dog bun option.  The hot dog buns are a tad big so we use them for brats and Philly Cheese Steaks!  Funniest part is my Celiac daughter is so used to eating without the bun that she takes her food off of it and leaves the bun behind.  Ha!


Sunday:
Lunch: Grilled Brats on Udi's Hotdog Rolls, Greek Salad
Dinner: Tinkyada Spaghetti, Meatballs, tossed Green Salad and Garlic Bread made using leftover Cheese Rolls


Monday (Labor Day):
Lunch: Grilled Hot Dogs, Green Salad.
Dinner:  Have not Decided yet!!


Tuesday:
Roasted Chicken, Cheesy Rice (a new recipe) & Broccoli

Wednesday (my 15 year wedding anniversary):
Slow Cooker Beef BBQ Country Style Ribs (a new recipe)

Thursday:
Homemade Cheeseburger Macaroni Hamburger Helper

Friday:
Philly Cheese Steaks.  We have re-introduced the cheese steak in our diet now that we have Udi's Hot Dog rolls available in our town.  Those rolls are too big for hot dogs but make a great cheesesteak.  You should try it!

Saturday:
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner: TBD

Sunday:
Baked Ziti using Tinkyada Pene, Ricotta and Italian Sausage.

For more great menu planning ideas don't forget to visit Menu Plan Monday over at Orgjunkie.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment