Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of January 16th, 2012

views the best pictures


I am starting with Friday because my shopping and cooking has been off lately.  I have been shopping from Thursday to Thrusday.  I find it lazy of myslef not to plan my menu out further but somethines I am allowed to be lazy! LOL.  Those days are over because school is back in session and so is our gardening.  In our part of the world its time to get this garden started......right! ;-)  We puchased Organic seeds this weekend, got out the nursery starter items, and planted the seeds so be on the lookout out for my Gardening Journal.  I share our progress on Wednesdays. 

Friday:
Chicken Wings, Annie's Boxed Macaroni and Cheese, Celery Sticks.
I usually make everything from scratch, but sometimes its nice to have quick serve opitons.

Saturday:
Baking the Cheesy rice recipe makes the rice incredibly creamy.  I just topped it with extra cheese and baked. I'm cooking the chicken half way though and then adding the pan of rice. This way everything is nice and hot at the same time.

Sunday:
Cheese Steaks, French Fries, Corn on the Cob
Udi's Hot Dog Rolls, Walmart Great Value Philly Steak Meat.  As born and rasied Philly pholks, this is our all time favorite dinner. 

Monday:
The chili won't go over big with the children, but the cornbread will.  Maybe you noted that my Cornbread recipe is a tad bit on the sweet side.  Thats becuase its all about the kids at my house! ;-)

Tuesday:
Roast Beef, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli.
Im not using my crock pot this time.  It's a Sirloin Roast and I really prefer how it comes out of the oven. 

Wednesday:
Stating with your all purpose cream sauce and flavoring it to your preference. In this case, freshly grated paremsan. I used to enjoy this dish at a litttle Italian Restaurant in Philly as a young lady.  I don't think anybody in my hosue enjoys it quite like I do. 

Thursday:
Fried Ham Steaks, Stouffers Harvest Apples Copycat Recipe, Cheesy Rice and Broccoli Bake. I doubled the Cheesey Rice and Broccoli recipe and froze half for later.  Anytime I bother to make something I double the batch and save some for later.  This is a great way to stock your freezer!
Friday:
Chicken Legs, Idahoan Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli

Saturday:
My kids love this and can't get enough.  Gotta love a dish the kids wont complain about eating.  Go ahead and pulverize some veggies and sneak them in there! ;-)

Sunday:
Tinkyada Spaghetti, Classico Spicy Tomato and Basil Sauce, Sausage, Cheese Dinner Rolls


Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.

  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swap headquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here.

No comments:

Post a Comment