Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of March 25th, 2013

views the best pictures


The Easter Edition


Wow, where the heck does the time go.  As if being a college student with school aged kids with food allergies was not busy enough, I picked up some local work to add to the mix.  Somewhere in all this mess I need to find time to do my schoolwork, housework, blogging, baking and cooking and now Easter Prep.  I need an assistant!

As usual, I have big plans for Easter.  My whole family will be here with the exception of one niece and of course my dearly departed brother (RIP brother Bob!!).  Add to that the complication of a Celiac child allergic to corn. Its extremely difficult for for the corn free kid to enjoy candy.  In my mind, kids should get to enjoy candy on Easter!!!!  I decided I will make him candy.  This sounds HUGE I know but I have actually made large chocolate candy shop quality Easter eggs before in my lifetime so I already have the moulds and such.  It is time consuming, however and time is one thing I have very little of.  Regardless, it will happen even if I have to stay up until midnights!!  I have planned out my week time wise just like I do with my menu's.  That hour long wait in the pickup line at the kids school I plan to read my history book.  I will get up at 4 am each day to work on stuff, etc, etc.  You get the idea.

This year I will have to craftily plan Easter brunch to be ready as soon as we are done church. Everything that can be made ahead will be.


Jello Jiggler Moulded Eggs served with heavy whipped cream
(make ahead and chilled)

NOT Paleo! ;-)

Coconut Sugar Ham (roasting on very low while at Church)
Using an old fashioned pineapple brown sugar recipe and using coconut sugar instead.

Make Ahead Mashed Cauliflower (in the Crock Pot)

Using Dukes Mayo and horseradish mustard
(Make a day Ahead)

(Strawberries, blueberries, grapes, banana, pear)
My plan here is to mix up some fresh fruits 
and dress with pineapple juice, a dash of lemon, honey and some coconut creme.
(Make a day Ahead)

(Make a day Ahead)

(Make a day Ahead)

(Make a day Ahead)

Coconut Cream Pie (with adjustments)
(Make a day Ahead)


Now that I have my easter plans out of the way, how about we plan the days leading up to Easter....

Monday: Green Leaf Lettuce Tacos

Tuesday: Herbed Roasted Pork Loin 

Wednesday: Corn Free Corn Dogs (kids), Paleo Kielbasa and Sauerkraut (adults)

Thursday: Herbed Roasted Chicken Breasts

Friday: Oven Roasted Shrimp in a Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce, Cauliflower RIce

Saturday:  Pizza and Salad 



Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swapheadquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here

No comments:

Post a Comment