Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of December 28st, 2009

views the best pictures

I don't usually plan out that many weeks ahead but my new years resolution is starting early. I want to use what I have on hand to reduce my spending for the month of January. That way when February and income tax come around I will be in a good financial standing so we can finally take that trip to Disney like we always wanted to. Life somehow always got in the way. We have been wanting to take this trip since my oldest was 2. Then relocations, pregnancies, illnesses, job losses and more relocations always got in the way. We finally seem a bit settled for the first time in at least 8 years so I hope to finally get this started. My mission for January: Eat From the Pantry Challenge. I will only allow a MAXIMUM of $40 a week to purchase snacks for my son at school, milk, bread, orange juice, dairy, vegetables and medications if necessary. As you can see below, I can easily get 3 weeks out without much effort. The real challenge comes in the 4th week when I think I'll be totally out of food.

It will also be difficult come February when my cupboards are bare and the HUGE expense it will cost me to re-stock. My plan at that point is to only buy what is on the menu for the week and then coupon finds.

This Week (1)

Sunday:
Lunch: Philadelphia Cheese Steak Soup (using leftover roast from xmas)
Dinner: Home Made Pizza

Monday:

Tuesday:
Baked Ham

Wednesday:
Grilled Pork Medallions

Thursday:

Friday:
Chicken Cutlets

Saturday:

Next Week (2)

Sunday:
Roast Beef w/Mashed Potatoes
Corn

Monday:

Tuesday:
Green Beans

Wednesday:
Broccoli and Cheese Rice

Thursday:
Gnocchi w/Bolognese Sauce

Friday:
Chicken Wings w/Fries

Saturday:
Meatloaf w/Mashed

Week Three (3)
Sunday:
Turkey Dinner

Monday:
Leftover Hot Turkey w/Gravy

Tuesday:
Turkey Rice Soup

Wednesday:
Sausage, smashed Peas and Pasta dinner

Thursday:
Individual Meatloaf's

Friday:
Spaghetti and Meatballs

Saturday:
Taco Dinner

Week Four (4)
Sunday:
Crock Pot Roast Beef

Monday:
Leftover Beef Beef Stroganoff

Tuesday:
Leftover Beef Barley Soup/Fresh Bread

Wednesday:
Gnocchi w/Bolognese Sauce

Thursday:
Pork Cutlets

Friday:

Saturday:
Pasta E. Fagioli Soup (vegan)

Week Five (5)

Sunday:

Monday:
Home Made Pizza

Tuesday:
Crock Pot Roast Beef

Wednesday:
Leftover Beef Beef Stroganoff

(Pepper steak, Kielbasa, Sausage Roll)

No comments:

Post a Comment