Pages

.


.


Greek Salad

views the best pictures

This is the madly popular recipe that I make and take to various events.  It leaves a wonderful pop of flavor in your mouth.

There are lots of different varieties of greek salad but the ingredients are basically all the same. I think its the way you assemble it that makes it different.  I slice my kalamata olives. I'm finely crumbling my feta cheese. I like my cucumbers de-skinned and quartered.  I like my red onion very thinly sliced into rings then quartered.  I like to use quartered plum tomatoes but have been known to use halved cherry tomatoes too.  This way each scoop ensures you a selection of each flavor.  A good quality extra virgin olive oil is key here.

This recipe always gets doubled.


3 lg. vine ripened tomatoes (1 1/2 lbs) chopped
1 cucumber cut into 1/4 inch dice
1 sm red onion, very thinly sliced
1/2 c. Kalamata Olives
1/4 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves
6 oz. Feta Cheese
1/4 tea salt
1/8 tea pepper

In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and lives.  Add oil, oregano, 1/4 tea salt and 1/8 tea pepper; toss to coat.  Sprinkle with Feta to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment