Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of March 7th, 2011

views the best pictures


We have decided that we will continue to grow our own organic vegetables again this year.  We worked on planting the seeds this week.  The four of us started up the indoor nursery that included setting up the indoor table and lighting/heating structure and planting the seeds.  The kids had a blast and I loved getting them outside for a while!

Claire and Mommy were in charge of planting the Flower Bed Seeds.

Franklin and Daddy are planting the Vegetable Garden Seeds.

We also went outside and loosened up the soil in the raised beds and planted the cold hearty seeds out there.  The beds are now covered in a nice layer of organic compost, covered in plastic and wrapped in barb wire.  My husband instructed me to feed the birds now so they do not eat our seeds!  Plans are in the works to make row covers.  Growing the vegetables in the raised beds was such a success that I do not think we will plant in the ground again this year though we are not entirely sure yet.  I personally would just like to keep adding more raised beds.

I cooked a new dish last week, Chicken Tetrazzini.  I am not entirely sure what makes this any different than Chicken Spaghetti ~ lol.  One has Rotel in and the other not?  Anyway, it turned out well and I did not use canned soup so I guess I will be posting that recipe this week.  I also made an attempt at a new biscuit, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit copycat.  EXTREMELY good, tho ugly looking.  LOL!  Another hit I will get around to posting this week.

And finally...Wednesday starts Lent.  What will you be giving up?  I will be giving up Meat and animal products for breakfast and lunch and entirely on Fridays.


Monday:
Taco Dinner

Tuesday:
Hotdogs, Baked Beans and Corn Bread.

Wednesday:
Lenten Stew (vegetarian)

Thursday:
Hamburgers served on Fresh Baked Buns, French Fries, Mixed Veggies

Friday:
Pizza and Salad

Saturday:
Spaghetti and Meatballs

Sunday:
Chicken Stir Fry and Vegetarian Fried Rice.
I thought I posed this recipe, I guess I did not.  I had better put that on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment