Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of October 15th, 2012 (Camping Menu)

views the best pictures



It is egg week on the Gluten Free Menu Swap.  I am just going to show you this photo here below and link how to bake eggs.  Okay?  Cause my hubby is in charge of making the eggs around here and I do not really have any recipes.  Omelets and adding them to baked goos is all I got! :-).

Head on over to Lifehacker.com and read all about it.
By weeks end we will be camping. I will show you below what my Paleo Camping Menu looks like. It involves tons of pre made and the frozen foods so lucky I have off all week to work on it.  I need to get started early on making those Paleo Graham Crackers and almost paleo Corn free Marshmallows since those are the two that make me the most nervous.  I am pretty sure something based purely on sugar, like a marshmallow, could never be paleo but I will try my best to switch out ingredients (when I can).  Honey for Corn Syrup for example!

Still no weight loss!  I definitely would like to loose those last 10 pounds tho I find a marginal amount of starches is finding its way back to my diet.  Like for example I added 1/4 cup of white rice to my chicken and rice soup I made last night!  Hubby refused to eat it! :-D.   I have to can up the rest of the soup today!  It involves pressure cooking which makes me nervous.

Okay, onto the plan shall we?


Monday (Daughter is in Cheer Camp Show):
I am going to have to muddle though a new version of this recipe that nix'es the A1, Soy and sugar.  Who knows, maybe I'll post my trial!


Tuesday (boys will be at WWE Smackdown, maybe girls will get to play soccer):
Green Leaf Lettuce Taco Dinner (our favorite).  
This way I can feed the boys quick and they can head out quick.

Wednesday (Church):
Hotdogs are being served up at Church Children's Program.  The adults will have to eat leftovers!

Thursday (karate & Soccer):
Photo and recipe courtesy of Urbanposer.blogspot.com
Paleo Chicken Pot Pie
One last hot oven baked meal before we head out!  Looks good huh?


***************************************************************


Camping Menu

Breakfasts
Fried Eggs and (pre-made) sauteed Veggies & Sausage, 

Lunches
Sandwiches with Ham and Salami inside Lettuce Wraps (Udi's bread for kids), 
Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato Chopped Lettuce Salad w/pre-made dressing, 
Applegate Beef Hot Dogs

Dinners
Hobo Packs (Pre-made with ground beef, spices and diced veggies), 
Hamburgers served over layered Lettuce Leaves topped with Guacamole (packets), 
Applegate Beef Hot Dogs

Desserts:
Brownies (made ahead and frozen)
Banana Bread (made ahead and frozen into slices)
Apple Pie in a Jar topped with Paleo Granola
Campfire Cobbler (pre-making the topping and the filling and freezing)

Snacks:
Pickles, Olives, Mixed Nuts
Lara Bars, Kettle Chips, Beef Jerky, 
Cucumber and Celery sticks


Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swap headquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here 

No comments:

Post a Comment