Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of October 22nd, 2012

views the best pictures



The theme for this week is nuts.  Its all nuts around here! :-).   Seriously tho, we use lots of nut flours with the paleo diet and I have discovered that Almond Flour makes THE BEST pastries.  It tastes moist and sweet without sweetener and is actually better for your health and diet wise.  LOVE that.  BUT, I DO NOT have a recipe of my own for you with the exception of a few cookie recipes.  Allow me to present to you the Paleo Banana Walnut Granola over at the Urban Poser.  I have made this granola in my oven twice already and my family (EVEN THE KIDS) just love it.  My hubby likes it on top of his full fat plain greek yogurt!  This is an excellent way to enjoy a quick egg free breakfast!


Well we survived the weekend out in the woods!  The graham crackers I decided to make  with coconut flour were not so popular.  There is something about coconut flour we just do not like.  It is so dry in the mouth, like it sucks the moisture right out of your mouth.  I think next time my own Graham cracker recipe will go with us as my kids can't keep their hands off of them.  I bought a s'more making cage so my home made marshmallows could be roasted properly.  Besides that, we like our chocolate melted!!! That cage worked out great.  The next day the kids used the cage to make toast and it worked super well for that too!

One more thing, the National Pork Board sent us a gift card to Costco to make and post some new pork recipes. Stick around this week while I share my plans and offer a gift card giveaway!  OK, onto the plan.

Monday:
Baked Chicken, Cauliflower Rice, Green Beans

Tuesday:
Pot Roast with roasted vegetables, Pureed Cauliflower

Wednesday:
Church Program

Thursday:
Sausage, Peppers and Onions

Friday:
Photo and Recipe courtesy of Urban Poser
Chicken Pot Pies (never got to them last week)

Saturday:
Pizza and Salad

Sunday:
Somebody needs to invite me over since hubby will be in Italy! :-).



Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swap headquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment