Pages

.


.


Carrot Souffle

views the best pictures

I never had this dish until I moved to the south.  One of my work friends took me to Piccadilly's Cafeteria where they would serve this dish.  She would order this and maybe some other sort of Vegetable for lunch every time. What made her order this dish every time, "I wondered"?  I had to try it.  Let me tell you, it is delicious!

I received this recipe from that same friend and I never did ask her where she found it.  It is a wildly popular recipe now, shared though out the internet.  But the credit goes entirely to Piccadilly Cafeteria who served it up.  I added it to my Thanksgiving dinner that year.  It is an awesome side dish to serve at Thanksgiving and is one of my favorite Thanksgiving Dishes.


1-1/2 pounds peeled carrots, chopped
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons flour of your choice (plus 1 tea Xanthane gum for GF)
3 eggs, whipped
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (room temperature)
Powdered Sugar (topping)

  • Steam or boil carrots until very tender
  • Drain well and transfer to food processor and give it a rough chop.
  • Transfer to large bowl.
  • While carrots are still warm, add sugar, baking powder and vanilla
  • Beat with mixer until smooth
  • Add flour and mix well, add whipped eggs and beat well
  • Pour mixture into a greased 2 quart baking dish (I'm using my square dish)
  • Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour or until top is light and golden brown
  • Dust lightly with powder sugar
I plan to cook mine Thanksgiving day in the Crock Pot on high for 2/3 hours.

I will be sharing this recipe with:

Thanksgiving Party

No comments:

Post a Comment