Pages

.


.


Gluten Free Rice A Roni Mix

views the best pictures

Last time I checked, Rice a Roni was not Gluten free.  No worries, it really is super simple to make and it is a great idea to make it ahead.  If you break down the cost you will see that for the cost of one box on the shelves, you could make several.  The taste is exact.  Give it a try.  You will not be disappointed.



Please enjoy this recipe as a part of my make ahead series.


Rice a Roni

1 cup long grain White Rice
1/2 cup Broken Rice Spaghetti Pieces (as small as you can get them)
4 Herb-Ox Bouillon Cubes (chicken or beef)

*************

1 Tablespoon Butter
1 teaspoon Oil
2 3/4 to 3 cups of Home Made Chicken or Beef stock (Water works also)
Chopped Fresh Parsley to taste

Add first three ingredients (rice, pasta bits, bouillon) in a glass jar.
(Sometimes I leave bouillon out and add with wet ingredients after)
Swipe metal cap with vinegar to disinfect. Twist on Metal Cap.
Keeps for a year in your pantry but I wont keep more than I'll use in say 2 months.

  • Add oil and butter to pan.
  • Take bouillon cubes aside and add rice/pasta to pan.
  • Saute until rice starts to brown.
  • Add stock or water and bouillon cubes and stir. Bring to boil.
  • Turn heat down to medium and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (until rice is tender).
  • Garnish with fresh parsley.


I first read about this recipe from Alison here.
I adapted it to suite my gluten free lifestyle and re-posed here with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment