Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of February 38th, 2011

views the best pictures


Nothing new and exciting to report this week.  No further gardening adventures this week.  We had plenty of rain so the potatoes at least had plenty to drink.  Last week's Church dinner went well I think.  The biggest favorite was the Cheesecake Cupcakes.  Something tells me that I am going to have to bring those to all the events.  Now to find a tiered dessert holder since I'll most likely need a lot!  This week at Church we will celebrate Mardi Gras.  Mardi Gras this year is Tuesday, March 8th but since we only serve dinner at church on Wednesdays this will be the closest Wednesday.  Our Lovely Children's Program Coordinator who is a Louisiana native will be in charge.  I can't wait! :-D. OK, back to why I'm telling you all this.  I have spent some time putting together some copycat recipes for what will be served and will be posting it for all of you to enjoy in time for the holiday!!!!

Monday:
I'll be trying out a new pork recipe this week.  I am going to simmer medallions of pork loin in a mustard white whine sauce. Served over rice with a side of broccoli.

Tuesday:
Mozzarella and Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage served with a side of Gluten Free Rice a Roni and mixed vegetables.

Wednesday:
Mardi Gras: I am recreating a Muffuletta Sandwich and King Cake for the festivities.

Thursday:
I am going to try and duplicate the Chicken Tetrazzini that is served at my son's school.  He loves that dish.  I suspect it is made with canned cream soup, which is a no-no here but I can make that part from scratch.

Friday:
Pizza and Salad

Saturday:
Chicken Dish (TBD)

Sunday:
Italian Dish (TBD)

No comments:

Post a Comment