Pages

.


.


Molasses Cookies

views the best pictures

The birth of this wonderful new recipe is a result of a Gluten filled recipe I found over at Home Joys.  I did not go with my straight home made gluten free flour blend this time.  I added some Sorghum flour, which ordinarily we do not prefer.  I did this becuase Gina used all whole wheat flour making what I thought would be a more dense cookie.  I am not actually sure that what I ended up with was what it was supposed to be copycat wise, but man was it GOOD!  VERY GOOD!  My son's initial reaction was how in the world can this be good for you if it tastes so good.  I told him that that the molasses increased the nutrition in this recipe. Blackstrap molasses is a great source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron.  All those wolderful things Celiacs and children both could use a little extra of. 

I rolled the cookies in a mixture of light and dark brown sugar and placed them on a Silicon Mat.  Once cooked the sugar created a wonderful little crunch coating the soft cookie inside.  The combination is heavenly!


3/4 cup Butter, softened
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Molasses
1 eggs
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cloves
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Ginger
2-3/4 cups Gluten Free Flour Blend
  (I used)
  - 1 cup Sorghum
  - 1 Brown Rice Flour
  - 1/2 cup Tapoica Starch
  - 1/4 cup Potato Starch
  - 1 teaspoon Zanthan Gum

Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
  • Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  • Add Molasses and egg and mix until fully incoroprated.
  • Stir together dry ingredients (soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, flours & gum) until fully mixed.
  • Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in mixing blow and mix until fully incorporated.
  • Chill in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
  • Drop by tablespoons full into a bowl of Dark Brown Sugar.
  • Place on baking sheet about 1-1/2 inches apart.
  • Bake on 370 for 9 minutes.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment