Pages

.


.


Hormel Natural Choice Packaged Deli Sandwich Meats

views the best pictures

Packaged Deli Sandwich Meats



Have you see this product yet?

Up until this product came along, we had no options in our little corner of the world for Gluten Free Lunchmeat except the one ham product they sold. One day the ham I purchased was sold out and that left me with no options.  Lucky for me I had time to go rooting though the refrigerated section and found this.

Right there on the bottom left hand corner (too small to read in this picture) says Gluten Free.  Flip the package around and it will tell you how it has no nitrates, no nitrites, no artificial ingredients, minimally processed, no MSG and raised without hormones.

Here is the ingredients list for ya!

Ingredients: Turkey Breast Meat, Water, Salt, Potato Starch, Turbinado Sugar, Rice Starch, Carrageenan (from seaweed), Baking Soda, Celery Juice Powder, Lactic Acid Starter Culture (not from Milk).

I wonder why they need stuff like the starches and baking soda?  It's not like they are baking a cake with it!  LOL...   I remember way back when we lived in New Jersey, we used to be able to go the the supermarket and order store roasted meats in the deli section to be sliced.  These were basically only the fresh meats, roasted.  Those were the days right?  I think I need to open a throw back mom and pop supermarket someday!

The starches and sugars make this product not exactly Paleo for us dieting adults but still a perfectly reasonable option for my children and the Gluten Free Community.

No comments:

Post a Comment