Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of May 28th 2012

views the best pictures


Happy Memorial Day everyone!  We will be honoring our fallen heros as well as all the other noble men and women who served at our local city hall with my son's Cub Scouts Group bright and early Monday Morning.  I love how Cub Scouts incorporates into their program good examples like Community Service and respect.  Now I feel like our kids won't grow up thinking Memorial day is national BBQ day.  Speaking of BBQ's, we are also having one of those too!
:-).

I am still muddling though this idea of a Paleo Diet.  My husband says he lost 18  pounds now.  WOW!!!  He is totally hard core about never eating carbs, sugars, legumes. Our diet has really gotten shabby lately and really did need a face lift.  Our new direction though is a diet called The Rosendale Diet.  His idea is eating for longevity but it his ideas are extremely similar to the Paleo Diet.

Sunday:
Dijon Mustard Pork Tenderloin with Paleo friendly Cole Slaw.   I have not looked up the Paleo Mayo recipe yet but I have in mind digging out my Julia Child cooked mayo recipe and making that Paleo by way of oil choices.  We are a mayo and cabbage sort of cole slaw family.  Simple spices like garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper and we are very happy.  


Memorial Day Monday:
BBQ Lunch: Grilled Back yard Burgers with Layered Romain, Sweet Onions and Plumb Tomatoes on top, green salad with home made Balsamic Vinegar Dressing, Greek Salad.  Chips and Dip for those non Paleo folks.  Watermelon for dessert!

Dinner: Stuffed Yellow, Orange and Red Bell Peppers.  Going to use cauliflower instead of rice and my home made Bolognese Meat Sauce minus the sugar and made a tad thicker.  Should be good.  Probably serve that green salad on the side again.  When we were younger we used to serve green salad to ourselves before we ate any meal. We had really gotten into a rut and its time to bring back the veggies.


Tuesday:
Avocado Boats and Green Salad.  Found this idea over at PeaceLoveandLowCard.blogspot.com and I think this idea is just brilliant.  I just happen to have ripe Avocado's to use as well as leftover chicken legs that I picked clean of its meat.  Using leftover Paleo Mayo I made Sunday.


Wednesday:
I think Sour Cream is the "grey area" of Paleo so I'm using it.... ;-).
Served with a side of Sauteed Mushrooms.

Thursday:
Roasted Chicken Breasts &
Mashed Cauliflower.  Maybe Broccoli too!


Friday:
Turkey Burgers served over Sauteed Spinach
and served along side Cauliflower Rice

Saturday:
Strip Steaks, Sauteed Zucchini and Summer Squash
& Garden Fresh Cucumber Salad (home made Paleo Mayo)

Sunday:
Spaghetti Squash with leftover Bolognese Meat Sauce
Served with a Side Salad



Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swapheadquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here 

No comments:

Post a Comment