Pages

.


.


Easy Cauliflower Puree

views the best pictures

I will never forget the time I added a head of cauliflower into my mashed potatoes one Thanksgiving early on in my cooking experience.  My brother in law who is known for his extreme pickiness ate 3 plates full and my sister and I giggled in the kitchen for hours.  He had no idea he was eating cauliflower.  I LOVE cauliflower so does my sister so we thought this was a natural pairing.  My own mother and grandmother used to put turnips in their mashed potatoes to give it that spicy bite they love.  We thought we were original and creative but you know what they say, most ideas are not original.  Folks have been cooking almost since time began.  Most likely it has been done before.  Now that I am trying to keep my family off of starches for health reasons, I love that there is a replacement for those mashed potatoes we loved so much.  I am posting my no so original recipe for Cauliflower puree not for the recipe per say but the method.  My way of doing it is more like a lazy girls way.  Shall we get started?  Great....



1 16 ounce bag of Frozen Cauliflower
2 tablespoons of Water
4 Tablespoons of Butter
1/4 teaspoon Salt

  • Place frozen cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl along with Water
  • Cook for suggested cooking time on package (about 8 minutes)
  • Pour out as much as the cooking liquid as you can.
  • Dump cooked cauliflower, butter and salt into food processor and puree until all is incorporated and cauliflower is smooth.
  • Your dish is ready to eat.
  • Pureed cauliflower could be kept warm at this point in the oven along with whatever you are baking. 
  • Place 

No comments:

Post a Comment