Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of June 11 2012

views the best pictures

It is harvest time for us.  We are bringing in cucumbers (LOTS OF THEM), yellow summer squash and cabbage currently.  We are LOVING our Cabbage stir fry these days.  I have more of these cucumbers than I know what to do with.  My hubs suggesting that I pickle them.  I may have to look up a good dill pickle recipe.  In the mean time I have found some pretty cool  cucumber noodle ideas (check out Friday's plan links).  My mom used to just dice up the cucumber and toss them with some mayo salt and pepper.  I love cucumbers this way.

Harvest time really helps when you are trying to keep the supermarket bill low.  If you do not have your own garden look for the vegetables in the big containers in the front of the produce section.

This week I am making my meals ahead of time.  We will be a day camp all day and won't return until 6 in the evening.


Monday:
Cooking crock pot Meatballs in Sauce, Tomato, onion & salad 

Tuesday:
Meatloaf, Cauliflower Puree, Sauteed Summer Squash

Wednesday:
Crock pot Chicken Breasts with 40 cloves of Garlic

Thursday
Salisbury Steaks, Cauliflower Puree and Steamed Broccoli
Going to try this dish the Pioneer Woman way, which happens to be very similar to my own, but I have been on a roll lately trying other folks recipes! ;-)


Friday
Ham Steaks, cold Cucumber noodles with Avocado Dressing, sauteed Spinach with garlic and onions
Cucumbers would be another thing I was donated this past week.  Don't you just love gardener friends with too much harvest?

Saturday:
Chicken Thighs, spinach, sauteed mushrooms

Sunday:
Chicken Legs, Sweet Potato Fries Asparagus


Weekend Lunches:
Orange Coconut Pork & Zucchini Lo Mein




No comments:

Post a Comment