Pages

.


.


Cranberry Sauce

views the best pictures

This is the original Cranberry Sauce recipe I served at my first Dinner back in 1996 . It was adapted from a recipe I found in that years seasonal Bon Appetit magazine.  I have changed it up a bit though.  The original called for currents and walnuts.

I suppose what lured me to this recipe was the Port.  I was young and newly in love and very much into wine with dinner on special occasions.  I splashed this port into my gravy base, into the cranberries, into my glass!  Enjoy!



1 12-ounce package fresh or frozen cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup ruby Port
1 medium navel orange, unpeeled, chopped

Combine cranberries, sugar and Port in saucepan.
Bring mixture to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
Reduce heat to low and add orange.
Simmer until cranberries burst and mixture thickens slightly, about 15 minutes.
Cool cranberry conserve completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment