Pages

.


.


Copycat Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni

views the best pictures

I have been making a variation of this for a long time now.  Don't get me wrong, I completely appreciated Hamburger Helper when I worked out of the house.  But this recipe is just as simple.  It also makes plenty so expect leftovers.  Whenever I have leftovers from dinner, I make up a leftover lunch for the hubs.  Whenever I have a selection of leftovers to choose from, he chooses this!!

It looks lengthy I know. I find it is still very easy to make. I just take out all my ingredients, start the noodles and the work on the beef/gravy.  It is a creamy, beefy and cheesy blend that is sure to satisfy!



16 ounce package of Elbows
A pot of Warm Water

1 Pound of Ground Beef
1 Large Onion
2 cloves of Garlic
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil

1 cup Swanson Beef Stock or Kitchen Basics Beef Broth
1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (called to verify GF Status)
1 tablespoon La Choy Soy (Kroger Soy Sauce is also GF)
1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash all purpose spice blend
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/8 teaspoon black Pepper
1 Herb Ox Bouillon Cube (chicken)
3 Tablespoons Flour (I have used Bisquick or Rice)

1 12-13 ounce can evaporated Milk
2 cups Shredded Extra Sharp Cheese

  • Put on a large pot of water to boil.
  • Add Elbow Macaroni Noodles and cook according to package directions.
  • In a separate deep sided skillet, add oil, beef, garlic and onion.  
  • Cook until beef is no longer pink and onions are translucent.
  • Add next group of ingredients.
  • Simmer and stir for 5 to 7 minutes until sauce thickens. 
  • Meanwhile, drain cooked noodles (reserving one cup of pasta water).
  • Add water and noodles to simmering beef.
  • Stir in milk and cheese until cheese is melted.





  • Tempt my Tummy Tuesday


  • Tuesdays at the Table


  • Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam


  • Tasty Tuesdays at a Beautiful Mess


  • Tasty Tuesday at Dr. Laura's


  • Delicious Dishes


  • Slightly Indulgent Tuesday


  • Hearth and Soul


  • Tuesday Night Supper Club


  • Works for me Wednesday


  • What's on the Menu Wednesday


  • Gluten Free Wednesday


  • Pennywise Platter Thursday


  • Recipe Swap Thursday


  • Ultimate Recipe Swap


  • Foodie Friday


  • Food on Fridays
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment