Pages

.


.


Cinnamon Tree Ornaments

views the best pictures

They look like cookies, but they are not edible.  So please don't eat them ~ lol!!!

My son asked me to make these for the little tree he has in his room.  My children just love the smell that lingers the whole holiday though.  I love to add them to packages and use as gifts to those I would like to remember this holiday season.



1 cup Cinnamon
1/4 cup Apple Sauce (any)
1/4 cup Glue (I used Elmers or Tacky Glue)

  • Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
  • Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl until the dough is smooth and holds together well.
  • If the dough is too sticky, add a little more cinnamon.
  • If the dough is too crumbly, add a little more applesauce (water works fine too).
  • Roll the dough out between two sheets of waxed paper until it is 1/4″ thick.
  • Cut dough into desired shapes.
  • Make a hole at the top of the Ornament with a drinking straw or skewer.
  • Place on baking sheet on parchment paper and bake for 2 hours.
  • Cool on wire rack.
  • Insert ribbon and hang on your tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment