Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of December 27th, 2010

views the best pictures

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Wow, it is Monday.  I can hardly believe its back to the old grindstone already.  Christmas was wonderful here.  We followed old traditions as well as created some new ones.  We stayed home, played as a family on Kinect, built gingerbread houses, had fancy dinners at home, played with our new toys and even went to day after Christmas sales for decorations.  Looking back I think the children will say it was magical.  My favorite part is how the kids restrained from ripping open the gifts right away.  They just wanted to savor and appreciate the fact that they were so fortunate.  How great is that???

I have leftovers, lots and lots of leftovers.  Stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, strawberry topping from the cheesecake and HAM ~ HAM ~ HAM.  Oh some turkey too and some of the next day Turkey Soup I like to make from the carcass.  *Sigh* even as I type this I have no idea how I will manage it all to not go to waste.   But I  must forge on and think of something.  At the very least, the leftover meat will be diced and frozen if not used.

I think every day I will take out the salads for lunch and force us to get them until they are all gone.  Ham soup is in the forecast but not for a few days at least.

Monday:
Turkey Pot Pie and Green Salad.  I am going to use my new pie crust recipe to top off this super creamy and delicious recipe.  For the green salad I will toss that leftover Greek Salad on top of some Romain and serve it with a caesar dressing. (recipe to follow)

Tuesday:
Ham Tetrazzini.  I am going to use some of that leftover ham, the stock that resulted and some of that corn. I will also toss in some mushrooms, garlic, fettuccine noodles and cream of mushroom soup to make a Gluten free version of this age old classic. (recipe to follow)

Wednesday:
Hot sliced turkey and gravy served over bread.  Serving the leftover mashed potatoes and stuffing on the side.

Thursday:
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes and broccoli.

Friday (New Years Eve):
Steak and Seafood Buffet

Saturday:
Breakfast: Mini Ham and Cheese Frittatas
Dinner: Roast pork with Sourkraut

Sunday:
Spaghetti and Meatballs

No comments:

Post a Comment