Pages

.


.


Cinnamon Raisin Bread

views the best pictures

Well my Raisin Bread experiment is finished.  I used my Udi's White bread copycat recipe and made it into a Raisin Bread. Growing up we used to eat the Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Raisin Bread.  No toasting necessary, we would eat it right out of the package.  If I close my eyes, I can still see what it looks like.  That bread dough was made as flat as it could be and rolled as many times as it could.  I only detected the slightest bit of sugar with the cinnamon in that bread back then.

If you look at my picture here you will see that I did not roll mine nearly enough.  It should have been flatter and rolled at least 4 times.  But OH MY STARS, was it ever tasty.  I devoured half this loaf, no kidding!!!  So good right from the oven.  I have not eaten Cinnamon Raisin Bread since I was a child!!! I forgot just how good it is.  Thank you Monica and Erica for encouraging me to make this!  I am forever in your debt!  Any time you need me to try something, just ask! :-).

1 cup Tapioca Starch
3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/4 cup Potato Starch
2 Tablespoons Oil
3 Egg Whites
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 package (2 1/2 tea) Rapid Rise Yeast
2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
3/4 cup Warm Water
1/2 cup Sun Maid Baking Raisins

Filling:
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon


Preheat oven to 170 degrees.  Once preheated turn oven off.  
Lightly grease an 8 x 3 bread pan and a silicon mat or Parchment paper.

  • Add Water, Oil, Sugar, Yeast into a small bowl or measuring cup and mix until combined.
  • Allow water to sit while yeast starts to get foamy.
  • Meanwhile, whip egg whites for approximately 1 minute or until it develops a Soft Peak.
  • Add vinegar, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and flours in mixer with whip attachment and whip for 3 minutes or until combined.
  • Add raisins and gently combine.

Longer than example in this picture
  • Turn dough out onto greased parchment paper or silicone mat and spread out with oiled hands into a 15 x 7 (not wider than your pan) rectangle.
    I reduced the amount of filling since this picture.
  • Spread sugar and cinnamon on it.  
Rolled Up
  • Start Rolling dough up as tightly as you can by lifting the parchment to aid you in rolling (think Jelly Roll).  It will need to roll 4 times to avoid a pocket in the middle. Keep those hands oiled!
Ready to Rise
Seam side DOWN!
  • Place in pre-warmed oven to rise about 1 hour (I warm my oven to 170 and then turn oven off).
  • Turn oven on to 350 degrees and set timer for 60 minutes.
  • Take out of oven and let rest 10 minutes on cooling rack.
  • Try not to devour the whole thing while you wait for loaf to come to room temperature.  
  • Slice into slices and freeze what you will not need immediately.
I highly recommend using these raisins.
This is what the middle will look like
if you don't roll it enough and put too much filling on!
It is still VERY YUMMY even if it is ugly ~ lol!



I will be sharing this with the following blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment