Pages

.


.


Gluten Free Cowboy Cookies

views the best pictures

I received this recipe attached to a gift jar at a holiday exchange.  We are Gluten Free so we could not use the blend provided. Looking at that jar on my counter and not being able to try that cookie was taunting me!  LOL.  I decided to try the recipe out with my favorite gluten free flour blend. They turned out wonderfully!!!!  I am so pleased at how nicely the cookie recipes are converting to Gluten Free.

This was my first time having a chocolate chip in a cookie with oats. The combination of oats and chocolate chips was just heavenly.  I always heard of making oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips instead of raisins but never ever tried them that way.  I think these are called cowboy cookies because the turn out to be a hearty cookie.  Just what you would expect a cowboy to eat.



1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla

1 1/2 cups Flour Blend
1/2 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
1 1/3 cups rolled oats (make sure they are labeled GF)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup butter , 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients. You may need to use your hands to finish mixing.
4. Shape into walnut sized balls.
5. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven.



No comments:

Post a Comment