Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of July 16th, 2012

views the best pictures

Well it was a wonderful little vacation.  The kids really wanted to stay longer.  I had to explain to them that leaving while the mood was still high is actually the best time to exit.  That they would look back and only recall how nice it was.  This idea did NOT help them at all!!!  LOL.  Who knew that so much fun was only 3 hours away from us?!?!?!  The Holiday Inn at Eureka, MO, where we stayed, was incredible.  The whole Restaurant Staff inside the hotel was incredible too.  Our first waitress had a mother who was a Celiac and handled us with Kidd Gloves.  While we were there she shared how to care for us with all the other staff. My most sensitive little Celiac had NO ISSUES what-so-ever.  And last but not least, the kids eat free gig is awesome!!!  I think we spent $20 for breakfast and $25 at dinner and that was it!!!!!  The Six Flags we went to also accommodated us very nicely. Did you know that if your kids have food allergies that they will allow you to bring food in?  It is not even an argument, they just let you.  Having a backpack with you is a pain tho and most rides don't allow you to have one.  Plus if you were a non allergy family having the food plan made much more sense!!!  But we are not a normal food eating family SOooooo!!!  But who has time to eat when you are having so much fun?  I had to force snacks into my kids bellies while walking around lunch time!!!  LOL Bananas, Apples, Cheese Sticks and 2 ounce packs of Salami saved the day!

As soon as we came home my kids and I started getting ready to have a mini Birthday Party for my aging hubby!  ;-).  One kid started the ice cream making process while the other started the banana bread (calling it cake for this event) while I ran back and forth between them both.  The kids being in charge of the Birthday treats is a tradition here.  Both treats were Paleo of course!!!!  We cooked up a NY Strip Steak I found discounted last night A Walmart along with sauteed Mushrooms, Cauliflower Rice and Broccoli.  Everyone CLEANED THEIR PLATE!  Not usual for my house.  I guess eating eggs, salad and snacks for the last three days left them hungry for a more substantial meal.

On the weight loss front, hubs lost 40 pounds total so far.  I lost 12.  Can you believe we managed to loose weight even while on vacation?  lol.  Hubs one upped me again and lost THREE pounds over vacation.  This Paleo diet really does decrease the appetite after your initial 3 weeks and add to the fact that we were more on our feet than not we literally were walking off more calories than we could possibly consume.

Summer School starts next week so stick around this week while I try and figure out Paleo lunches for the kids. I am not talking about earthy crunchy lunches that looks like you are eating stuff you literally hunted or gathered that day (because you KNOW my kids would not eat that).  I am talking about looks just like junk food but secretly good for you lunches.  Onto the dinner plans shall we?


Monday:
Fried Pork Chops, Spinach & Sauteed Cabbage


Tuesday:
Whole Baked Chicken, Mashed Cauliflower, Broccoli

Wednesday:
Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Bolognese Meat Sauce

Thursday:
NY Strip Steak, Sauteed Mushrooms, Broccoli


Friday:
Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry


Saturday
Green Leaf Lettuce Tacos

Sunday:
TBD




Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swap headquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here 

Print

No comments:

Post a Comment