Pages

.


.


Paleo Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream (Gluten Free, Casein Free and Corn Free)

views the best pictures


Paleo Chocolate Banana Almond Milk ice cream that is!  That sounds like a mouth full I know.  Look at this picture.  Doesn't it look fudgy?

When I close my eyes and taste this ice cream it reminds me of the chocolate covered bananas that I used to enjoy as a child.  It also makes me wish I could eat peanut butter again. I think it is this ice cream's destiny is to be with peanut butter.  I think I may have to order some SunButter, which is the closest thing to peanutbutter I have tried, and give that a whirl though the ice cream in the end.

My hubby would tell me that trying to replace too many of our old sugary sweets is trying too hard to eat sugar.  LOL.  But.....EVERY childhood should include ice cream!  I LOVE my Gelato electric ice cream maker.  In 20 minutes from start to finish we could be enjoying ice cream any time we like. It is almost easier and cheaper to just toss the ingredients together rather than run out to the store (which is not so close in my neck of the woods).

There are only 4 simple ingredients, why don't you give it a whirl?  Go ahead and make it your own by changing it up!  Add almond chunks, whirl in sunbutter, heck even toss in some dark chocolate shavings!!!  You won't be sorry!




1-1/2 cups Almond Milk
2 (or 3) Tablespoon Raw Honey
2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 large Ripe Banana, pureed until liquid

  • In a saucepan over medium low heat, whisk almond milk, cocoa powder and honey until fully incorporated. 
  • Place bananas into a food processor and puree until fully liquid. 
  • Add Banana puree into the sauce pan with the cocoa mixture and stir to combine. 
  • Place mixture in the ice cream maker and process for 20 to 30 minutes or until thick.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment