Pages

.


.


Monday Plan Monday: Week of June 2nd, 2012

views the best pictures

So hubs lost 34 pounds so far on this Paleo diet. Just a few days ago when showing off his lack of a belly to my brother, my brother accused of him "holding it in".  LOL.  34 pounds is nothing to joke about tho.  I lost only 9 but still look like a fraction of myself.  I was looking through pictures of myself from christmas and had not realized how "chubby" I actually was.  I will now be able to have my picture snapped by surprise and not worry as to whether it will show up on facebook or not.  LOL!!!

I bet you are wondering how feeding the kids plays into all this diet/paleo stuff.  Well truthfully I don't think there is anything at all wrong with the kids being Paleo.  I do serve them a minimal amount of carbs but if they ask for an occasional popsicle while out or toast with their egg once a week I am going to go ahead and let them have it.  At home I am using Almond Milk to make my own ice cream and trying to keep up with baking paleo goodies for them to try and stay ahead of their sweet tooth.  Even my kids are starting to took less swollen and a lot more healthy.  As always, I strongly encourage the family to eat the veggie off their plate first!

Sunday:
Roasted Pork Shoulder, Cole Slaw, Cucumber Salad
I am still getting more cucumbers that I can keep up with this season.


Monday:
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion and Avocado.
Pan frying the leftovers with my own Taco Seasoning Blend to convert this leftover into tacos.
I figured this would be a good time to try Against All Grain's Coconut Flour Tortillas.  Actually I can't wait to try these Coconut Flour Tortillas!  

Like this only with tortillas instead!!
Tuesday:
Paleo Lasagna
Simply a brilliant use for those extra Paleo Tortilla shells, don't ya think?  She is chock full of brilliant ideas actually.  I am going to use my own Bolognese meat sauce instead and I guess make it my own though.  It's the Italian in me, I have to!!!

Wednesday (4th of July):
Grilled Sirloin, Sauteed Mushrooms and Spinach.

Thursday:
Whole Roasted Chicken, Cauliflower Rice, Broccoli
I don't usually make a whole roasted chicken but you should have seen my son making this chicken do the chicken dance in the store.  He says, "Please mommy, can we make a whole chicken."  How can I say no?  Going to have to look up a sticky chicken recipe.

Friday:
Buffalo Chicken legs 
Like the wings only with bigger pieces of meat.  My kids actually LOVE these.  

Saturday:
Dinner at Friends.  We are bringing Greek Salad and some sort of Dessert



Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swap headquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here 


No comments:

Post a Comment