Pages

.


.


Lemon Glazed Pound Cake

views the best pictures

Coffee Shop Lemon Pound Cake

This recipe was actually my attempt to make a Paleo Pound Cake.  I am not sure of the lemon. The folks I served it to at home liked it, tho when I tried it I felt a modification of this recipe was in the near future.  I am not sure this recipe is done evolving but for those who tried it and waned the recipe.... here it is!



2 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda

2/3 cup Raw Honey
5 Eggs
3/4 cup Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract

6 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Raw Honey

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease and line 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment.

  • Combine first 4 ingredients into a small bowl and fully combine.
  • In a food processor or stand mixer, add next 4 ingredients and fully incorporate.
  • Add dry ingredients into mixer/processor and mix for 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Pur into prepared dish and bake for 40 minutes or until cake passes toothpick test.
  • Meanwhile combine Lemon Juice, Vanilla and Honey in small saucepan over medium low heat.
  • Stir until honey is dissolved and ingredients are combined.
  • Pole some holes in the cooled cake and pour glaze over top.

Note:

I ground my own almond flour for this dish and we enjoyed the little bit of a bite the freshly ground almonds gave this cake.

Inspired by:

Best Lemon Cake Ever by Paleo Table


No comments:

Post a Comment