Pages

.


.


Avocado Chicken Salad

views the best pictures

The hardest thing about the Paleo Diet (in my books) is the elimination of dairy. I really missed the creamy texture if cheese.  That is until I discovered my love of Avocados!  They have all the rich fatty creaminess I missed.  I started adding avocado to every salad I ate.  It's like pure creamy heaven.  What I love to do is use Avocado anywhere I would like to use creamy cheese,  my first stop was Mayo.  While I do make my own Paleo Mayo, its time consuming and I won't use it once its stored due to it having raw eggs. I don't need a fancy recipe to use Avocados either. I will dice it and add it to just about anything.  Dishes like Taco's and Chili now must have small diced avocado on top instead of the traditional cheese.

Where am I going with sharing all of this? Avocados from Mexico’s Website, of course! Because of my love of Avocado's and the fact that this blog simply must feature everything I personally love, we have partnered with Avocados From Mexico.  If you want more Avocado recipe inspiration than you simply must  visit their “Recipes from Avocado Lovers” section.

The folks at Avocados From Mexico have just launched a new recipes section on their site "Recipes From Avocado Lovers" to give foodies who love avocados, the opportunity to upload their favorite avocado recipes, download ringtones, wallpapers and other fun items to show their avocado love and discover other fan favorite avocado recipes. Do you love avocados? Then you will love the new Avocados From Mexico recipe website "Recipes From Avocado Lovers", where you can submit your favorite avocado recipes and share you avodao love with with other foodies like you.

Are you interested in seeing what my all time favorite thing to do with avocado's is?

There it is, Avocado Chicken Salad.  
The prep is the biggest part of this dish.


2 cups of diced up cooked Chicken (using leftovers is a great idea)
1 small (1/4 cup) Onion, finely diced sweet or red
4 strips of Bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 Avocado, half diced, half sliced
2 Tablespoons Mayo (Dukes has no sugar for low carbers but is not Paleo)
1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
1 /2 teaspoon Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper & Lemon Juice
Romain Lettuce, ripped into bite sized pieces

  • Place chicken, onion and bacon into small mixing bowl.
  • On a clean cutting board, mash with fork or the back of a spoon the diced avocado with mayo, garlic, spices and Lemon Juice until it is fully incorporated and is creamy.
  • Fold dressing into the small bowl of chicken until fully combined.
  • Serve a heaping cup of chicken salad over top of Lettuce and top Avocado slices.
  • Serves 2-3.
  • Enjoy!


Looking for more recipes using Avocado's? Check out the new recipes section “Recipes from Avocado Lovers” on Avocados from Mexico’s Website



This sponsorship is brought to you by Avocados From Mexico who 
we have partnered with for this promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment