Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of August 6th, 2012

views the best pictures


I broke two fingers on my right hand so its taking me forever to type this up!  Ok so I am trying out my new food budget starting today.  I stopped at Kroger and picked up the two sets of the 5 for $19.99 meats.  I was originally was going to stick with one set but my brother is in town and I needed to accommodate for him,  I still managed to stay within my budget but mostly because I buy in bulk items needed for my sons lunches.  Cereals I stocked up on last time Kroger included Chex Cereals in their MEGA event.  I had a hand full of $1 off coupons making them $.79 a box!  Kroger sent me Customer Appreciation coupons for free Eggs so that timing was right!

I purchased three 2-packs of bacon wrapped Filet Minion (yup, they were included), two 4 pack of hamburgers, pork chops, two 1.25 pound packs of ground meat, large pack of chicken legs, and a pack of ham steaks (looks to be four or more in there).  Frozen veggies are a dollar this week still so I spent another $10 in frozen veggies (cauliflower, spinach, broccoli, green beans, onion and pepper mix), eggs, butter and almond milk completes the purchase.

Still dieting.  Hubs lost a total of 44 1/2 pounds so far.  He continues to loose each week.  I am still plateaued at 10 pounds from my healthy BMI.  Still fighting the good fight and not using sugar or sugar like products very much at all. I still add my 2 tablespoons of honey to my baked goods.  Have you seen the 60 minutes yesterday titled, "Toxic Sugar?"  I included the link so you can watch it.  I thought that the doctor, talking about when legislation decided to promote cutting fat, was going to break out with a Paleo speech!  LOL....  Y'all know they cut that part out right? ;-)

Monday:
Green Leaf Lettuce Tacos,  Our Favorite Meal!

Tuesday:
Filet Minion, Sauteed Mushrooms and Spinach

Wednesday:
Hamburgers topped with Lettuce, Tomato and Onion and served with Sweet Potato Fries

Thursday:
Buffalo Wing style Chicken Legs
Making buffalo wing sauce for the bigger style legs.

Friday:
Ham Steaks, Cole Slaw, Broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment