Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of November 5th, 2012

views the best pictures



Hey guys, I finally lost a few pounds.
And I ate pizza all week, go figure! Hubby came home from Italy and gained 3 pounds.  I TOLD my doctor it could be done!  LOL.  Truthfully, 3 pounds is not that bad considering he "had" to eat wheat.  It's so much easier for Celiac's to go Paleo,  no way we could eat wheat, even if we had do.  :-D

It is Thanksgiving Dessert week over at the Gluten Free Menu Swap.  I am actually starting to get my mind wrapped around the idea of Thanksgiving. It needs some extra thought this year because it will be paleo.  In fact, I started a pinterest board with my ideas.  Next is to try out and make these ideas my own.  My mind wanders back to my first gluten free Thanksgiving and the challenges I experienced back then.  My biggest challenge at our first Gluten Free Thanksgiving was the pies and the stuffing.  The pies were an easy fix, I simply went to the Whole Foods market and purchased like 6 of their Gluten Free pie crusts.  They were awesome.  If you are new to either making Thanksgiving dinner or being Gluten Free, go pick up their crusts and I promise you, you won't be sorry.  Otherwise head on over to Celiac Family where she lists all the great gluten free crust ideas on the web today!  

What do we like to have for dessert on Thanksgiving?  Our preferences are an eclectic blend and I try and accommodate everyone for Thanksgiving Dinner.  What ends up happening is we have way too many pies.  My mom and son likes Coconut Cream Pie, I like Pumpkin Pie, my brother and sister like the Cranberry Walnut Pie.  Sometimes I like to add a Pumpkin Cheesecake in there too.  


























Sunday:


Monday:
Green Leaf LettuceTaco Dinner Night with Guacamole
Maybe I will try to make my kids a Taco Bowl with our
Enjoy Life Tortilla's!


Tuesday:


Wednesday:
Church Night
Hayride, Roasted Hotdogs and Marshmallows over Campfire
(Making Marshmallows and Graham Crackers again!)


Thursday:
Crock Pot Roast Beef, Mashed Cauliflower, Broccoli


Friday:

Saturday:
Pan Seared Strip Steak, Sauteed Mushrooms, Butternut Squash Puree


Sunday:



Looking for inspiration? I can help in three different ways.
  1. Head on over to Orgjunkie.com and visit Laura's Menu Plan Monday.
  2. Visit Heather at Celiac Family, the Gluten Free Menu Swap headquarters!
  3. You can also view my past menu plans here 



No comments:

Post a Comment