Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of May 15th, 2011

views the best pictures


Welcome to another exciting week of Menu Planning on the Whitaker home front.  I actually followed my menu plan EXACTLY as I had planned last week.  Isn't that just amazing!?!?!?!  LOL.  I guess I was on top of my game last week.  Thursday I was supposed to eat up the leftover Mother's Day London Broil but as the day went on, I was thinking how unappetizing re-heated London Broil would be since its supposed to not be overcooked.  Instead of straight out re-heated leftovers I re-purposed them and made pepper steak instead.  I used my quick brown gravy recipe I had leftover from a meatloaf night, pepper and onion stir fry I had already prepared in the freezer and cut the london broil into strips and served it over rice.  It was awesome!!!  I do have an Asian Style Pepper Steak recipe on my blog but this was the repurposed version.  The taste is more American brown gravy style and was a nice quick meal.  I must say though, its only quick if you have this gravy made up already in your freezer.  Every time I make a batch of anything, I double it to save some for later.  Gravy, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, even diced fried potatoes.

So on to this weeks menu.

Monday:
Country Fried Steaks, Mashed Potatoes, cream pepper gravy, veggies

Tuesday:
Taco Dinner or maybe I will give my experimental quick (make ahead replacement for boxed) Hamburger Helper recipe a work up.

Wednesday:
Dinner at Church

Thursday:
Roasted Chicken Legs, Oven Fries, veggies.  We have this al lot right?  I might switch it up for Rosemary Chicken (my son's favorite).  We'll see.

Friday:
It is Pizza and a Family Movie night!!!  Pizza and Salad.  Maybe one of my pizza's will be a Taco Pizza.

Saturday:
My children are competing at a Karate Tournament today! My mind keeps drifting to will it be OK to grill?  If so I would like to have grill foods.  Oh I just can't wait till its summer!

Sunday:
I would like to put Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice soup in the crock pot and Bread in the Bread Machine for after church.  Im diligently working on a keeper recipe for the Bread Machine that I hope to have share ready soon.   Dinner Im thinking of Spaghetti, Giant Meatball and more fresh bread.

What will you be cooking up this week?  Join in and share your menu with us at Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment