Pages

.


.


Make your own boxed Hamburger Helper mix ahead of time and have Gluten Free Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni ready when you need it....

views the best pictures


Here I am again re-making the Copycat Hamburger Helper recipe I posted previously.  I am always trying to perfect the recipes I'm working on.  One of these days I will share how I work up a recipe idea.  If you went to Culinary Arts school they would tell you how to develop recipes.  I did not go to Culinary Arts school so I have my own crazy way of doing it.  

This version of home made Hamburger Helper is shelf stable and a replacement for the boxed mixes you purchase at the store.  My kids SWEAR that this version tastes better.  In fact they have asked me to make this every week so that means it rates right up there with Pizza and Hamburgers.  


1 pound Ground Beef (preferably pre cooked in your OAM cooking day)
1 cup Sharp Cheddar
3 cups Water
1/2 cup Milk

Spice Packet:
1 teaspoon Brown Rice Flour
1 T Corn Starch
2 Tablespoons Bouillon Powder (check the GF Status on this product)
1 T Chopped Onion (dried)
1 T Parsley
1 t Onion Powder
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/2 t Paprika
1/2 t Sugar
1/4 t thyme

1 1/2 cups Elbow Pasta (I use Tinkyada)

The lineup

Add Spice Packet Blend to Snack Sized Ziploc

Add small ziploc along with pasta inside a bigger ziploc.

Stack and Store

  • Brown Ground Beef (Or take out a pre cooked batch from your freezer like I do)
  • Add Water, Milk, Pasta and Spice Packet into pan.
  • Turn heat on Medium Low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes (stirring occasionally) or until pasta is tender.
  • Add Cheese and mix well until melted.
  • Relax and Enjoy.
That was easy right.  Add, mix and enjoy.  Nothing to it and its home made.

No comments:

Post a Comment