Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Monday: Week of May 23rd, 2011

views the best pictures


I switched Tuesdays taco dinner from last week and replaced it with my experimental make ahead replacement for boxed Hamburger Helper.  It was a RAGING success. My son asked me to put it on the weekly rotation from now on.  This is the kid who fights with me EVERY night and does not want to eat what I make.  WOW, he liked it.  I plan on sharing that recipe/method this week. Thursday I made Rosemary Chicken (another request of my children) instead of the roasted chicken.  It was too windy to grill on grill day so we ended up baking the pork chops (gross).  LOL!

Notice I have a pretty aggressive bread related menu.  On weeks like this, I generally have a baking day (today in fact) and make up everything and freeze it.  I am also going to try and keep my daughter off of Dairy for a bit while her DH heals up.  You will notice that my bread recipes do not include milk.  Taco pizza will not have cheese nor will Hamburgers or mashed potatoes.  


Monday:
Cheese Pizza and Taco Pizza.

Tuesday:
Spaghetti, Meatballs and fresh baked Dinner Rolls (working on this recipe)

Wednesday:
Church Wednesday program is ending this week and they are serving Fried Chicken.  The rest will be pot luck.  Needless to say, I'm going to be making some Fried Chicken for us and bring along Black Bean & Corn Salad.  

I linked the oatmeal crusted recipe but I think I'll toss some bread in the food processor this time.  My daughter has a mild case of DH and I need to really crack down on all things allergy related to try and figure this mystery out.

Thursday:
Hamburgers on Rolls and Fries

Friday:
Steak Sandwiches using Steak-Umm's and served with Fried Potatoes

Saturday:
Grilled London Broil, Potato Gallette

Sunday:
Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes


PS: I'm not leaving out the veggies, I promise.  I generally serve frozen veggies and a salad with each meal.

What will you be cooking up this week?  Join in and share your menu with us at Menu Plan Monday hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie and Gluten Free Menu Swap hosted this week over at Celiac Family

No comments:

Post a Comment