Pages

.


.


Gluten Free French Toast

views the best pictures

This is the first time since going Gluten Free that I even attempted making French Toast.  The thought of eating French Toast never crossed my mind.  I grew up eating French Toast, yet it never crossed my mind.  I have two young kids, yet it still never crossed my mind.  My Celiac daughter really has grown up not having that "relationship" with bread that most folks grow up having.  I think this is a Celiac thing but I also happen to think its a "good" thing.  She is the kid who folks stare at eating her veggies in shock.  The "Salad Eater" is what my family lovingly calls her and we like it like that.

BUT....I left the bread out on the counter.  Was it destined to suffer a life of bread crumbs?  What my dear friend does is make french toast with her going stale bread.  She has said it enough to me to have it a connection in my brain.  You know what, this Bread Recipe of mine works excellent for French Toast.  It does not fall apart, it is not crumbly, it does not get too mushy.  It HOLDS UP to the egg soak. Yay.




6 slices My Bread Recipe
2 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 teaspoon Valnilla
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Honey

  • Turn your fry pan on medium high heat and add a pat of butter to melt.
  • Combine all ingredients into a bowl wide enough to accommodate your bread slices.
  • Mix well.
  • Soak each slice in egg mixture making sure each side soaks up some of the egg mixture.
  • Fry in your heated frying pan for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
  • Serve with some fresh syrup. 
  • Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment