Pages

.


.


Homemade Gluten Free Pizza Sauce

views the best pictures

I really do not like pizza sauce that comes from the same batch of sauce you eat over top of your spaghetti.  The taste is just not right when you do that to a pizza.  Canned and jarred sauce is exactly how I started out topping my own home made pizza crust though.  I did not exactly have the whole pizza sauce concept figured out and I needed something red on top of my pie right?  Something was never "quite" right.  That is how this particular recipe was born.  I always have tomato paste and diced tomatoes around but not always spaghetti sauce so I started tinkering with ingredients until I ended up with this.

I do not personally feel is not too much trouble to have this on top of the stove on a really low simmer while you are putting the pizza dough together.  As for the taste, I love how the garlic and spices really come though with this sauce.  It is not so spicy, however, that your kids will not eat it.  The taste is reminiscent of those old NY style pizza's  I was accustomed to getting way back when.


one 14-15 ounce Can of Diced Tomatoes
one 6 ounce can of Tomato Paste
2 cloves of Garlic
1 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
3 Tablespoons Water


  • Puree the can of diced tomatoes and two peeled garlic cloves until garlic is nice and thinly and evenly distributed.  About 3 minutes.
  • Add tomato puree, paste, basil, oregano, onion powder, salt, sugar and water into sauce pan.
  • Simmer on low for 10 or so minutes or until garlic starts to soften and give off its wonderful aroma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment