Pages

.


.


Gluten Free Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip

views the best pictures

Gluten free or not, this dish is AWESOME!  Please don't let the orange color of this dip change your mind.  It tastes just like buffalo wings.  I actually never even tried it before this attempt.  I had a friend post that she was making some to bring to a BBQ and I figured hey why not bring this to my church shindig?  Now it ranks right up there with Velveeta dip.  I like to enjoy this with Celery to get that veggie in and plus, celery is what we like to have with buffalo wings.  I also served it with Fritos scoops and Tostitos corn chips scoops.  I used Ranch dressing but I bet Blue Cheese dressing would be an awesome change.  Wishbone Blue Cheese Dressing is Gluten Free.


2 (10 ounce) cans of Chicken
2 (8 ounce) packs of Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Franks RedHot Wings Sauce
1 cup Wishbone Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 bunch Celery

  • Drain canned chicken and place in sauce pan.
  • Add RedHot Sauce and cook on medium-low heat while mashing chicken with the back of a fork.
  • Add cream cheese and still until throughly blended and completely melted.
  • Add ranch dressing and mix until completely blended.
  • Add the cheese and place into a small crock pot.  
  • Place on low to melt cheese and then warm to keep as long as you need it.


Note:
Why do I cook it first?  Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a crock pot? Well I was not sure that placing it all directly into a crock pot would adequately melt the cream cheese.  Plus I wanted a chance to fully shred the chicken.  Go ahead and place it all directly in the crock pot.  Just make sure you keep stirring it occasionally and cook it for a few hours (probably 4).  Oh and canned chicken, gross I know.  But when you are in a hurry and don't have any in the freezer go ahead and give it a try.  I promise it will not taste like tuna.

This dip of course is not MY original creation.  To make it gluten free, you have to use the named product bands.  Always double check because sometimes the ingredients change.  Here are some other great versions of this dip:

  1. Frank's RedHot Recipe of Buffalo Chicken Dip
  2. Crock Pot Lady's version of this dip made Gluten Free
  3. Food.com's recipe submitted by BW

No comments:

Post a Comment