Pages

.


.


Gluten Free Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe

views the best pictures

This is a slight variation to the super Betty Crocker recipe.  I like pudding in my cake mix.  I find that it helps smooth over the grittiness.  I also like adding crushed pineapples to my cake to give it more of a pineapple flair.  If ever I wanted to really impress my mother, I would make this for her.  This is her all time favorite cake.  Being gluten free really does not make a difference here.




1/4 cup Butter (4 Tablespoons or half stick)
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons light Corn Syrup
1 can of Pineapple Rings in juice (reserve juice for cake)
Marachino Cherries

1 3.8 oz. box of Vanilla Jello Pudding
1/3 cup Sugar
4 Eggs
1/2 cup Oil
1 8 oz Can Crushed Pineapple in juice
1 Tablespoon Vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In 9-inch square pan, melt 1/4 cup butter in oven or microwave.
Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; spread evenly in pan.
Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar mixture. (I like to fill in the blanks with broken bits of a slice)
Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix,  sugar, eggs and oil in stand mixer with whip attachment.
Mix for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add can of pineapple to measuring cup and enough juice from pineapple rings juice to measure 3/4 cup.
Add can of crushed Pineapple and just incorporated.
Pour batter over Pineapple/Cherry/Sugar.
Bake for 41 to 46 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I find that cakes with fruit added take the longer of the time frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment