Pages

.


.


Oatmeal Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cutlets

views the best pictures

This is my children's favorite dinner.  I found a recipe once that suggested adding Oatmeal to the breading for your fried chicken.  I already use Oats in my meatloaf, why not this?  So we gave it a try.  You know what?  We never really missed the breadcrumbs.  So here it is, my new favorite breaded Chicken Recipe.



1 cup Oats
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound chicken breast tenders
1 Egg, Beaten ( then place in shallow bowl)


  • Preheat 1 inch of Olive Oil in a fry pan to warm up.
  • Place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground to fine powder (depending on your preference).
  • Add parmesan cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pulse to combine, and place in a shallow bowl.
  • Dredge chicken in Egg and then in oat mixture.
  • Place tenders in frying oil and bake for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.

I will be sharing this with the following blogs:

No comments:

Post a Comment