Pages

.


.


Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cake

views the best pictures

First in line and just in time for the fall is a wonderful Pumpkin Spice Cake. I'm in love with this recipe.  It really did turn out better than my expectations.  I think it would make a super awesome Pumpkin Spice Muffin for the Thanksgiving Holidays.

I like to add pudding to the batter of the Gluten Free cake mixes.  I think it smooths over the grittiness I tasted in baking it according to the package directions.  It does make the cake a tad bit more dense.  Traditionally wheat based cakes are lighter.  That is OK, I actually like my cakes a bit on the dense yet moist side.  I think its perfect.  Not quite pound cake quality, not so light that you wonder where the cake went.  It ends up in the middle somewhere as a nice happy medium.





1 box Betty Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
1 3.8 oz. box of Pumpkin Spice Flavored Jello Pudding (seasonal flavor)
1/3 cup Sugar
4 Eggs
1/2 cup Oil
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice


  • Combine ingredients and whip for 3 to 4 minutes.
  • Pour in equal amounts into greased 8" cake pans.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 41 to 46 minutes.

I will be sharing this with the Pumpkin Line up over at the Newlyweds,








No comments:

Post a Comment