Pages

.


.


Menu Plan Mnday: Week of October 11th, 2010

views the best pictures


It is still warm here where I live.  Last Saturday at the Fall Festival it was 90 degrees.  HOT.  Too hot for fall.  I really can't wait until low 80's and below.  We are going camping in two weeks.  For sure it will be way too cold to camp by then :-D.

Wednesday's church dinner always proves to be a challenge.  My daughter can not eat what is served but still wants to be a part of the warm family feel of the sit down dinner.  So I end up copying what is being served in a Gluten Free version and taking it with me.  Then the Kitchen Volunteers "serve" her the Gluten Free dinner though the service window like everybody else so she "feels" like she is getting the same.  It's a crazy, extraordinary, gluten free life I know.  If you have a Gluten Free kid, then you know too.


Monday:
Starting the week off right, kiddie comfort food.  They love home made breaded chicken.  Growing up my mother called it Chicken Cutlets.  I think Macaroni and Cheese is in order too.  Maybe brownie bites for dessert.  Our Kroger had 6 boxes of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie mix on the clearance rack for $2 a box.  You know I bought all but one. :-).


Tuesday:
Our little town is having it's Annual Chili Cook Off next weekend.  In honor of this event, I'm having our favorite White Chicken Chili this week to kick it off. I'll serve it with Bob's Red Mill Cornbread mix.  We never tried this brand before.  I usually make my own Gluten Free Jiffy Corn Bread Mix.


Wednesday:
Church Dinner.
This week is Pancake Dinner.  I guess I am going to be making Gluten Free Pancakes for dinner and taking them along.


Thursday:
Twice Baked Pork Chops. Pork chops are pan fried with a crust and then left to marinade in the oven until tender in a lovely white wine and cream of mushroom sauce.  Served with a side of wild rice.


Friday:
Pizza and a good movie.  Either Redbox or Netflix.  Friday is our only night off and we really look forward to it.

Saturday:
Chili Cook Off for Lunch.
Ground Beef something or other for Dinner.

Sunday:
Potato Soup for Lunch with Fresh Bread.  I'm going to use my crock pot and bread machine to have a nice lunch ready for when we come home.
Pasta for Dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment